Friday, July 30, 2010

First ones of my collection

Today a mailman brought me a very nice surprise. My first two MLPs arrived today! 4-Speed and Sugarberry. Both of are quite good condition, though 4-speed has couple of small suspicious looking brown spots.. Which is quite common with Big Brother ponies. So I'll boil him just in case, I hope that it'll stop spreading of those molds.

Sugarberry right after she got out of the package. Symbols are in good condition, just a little some spreading in one point and just a little bit detrition, but this lady is very good looking for me on those parts. :) I'll probably give her hair a conditioner treatment because it's quite dry at some points as it's seen in the pics also. On the body is mostly only some surface stains so I hope that washing with detergent is enough.

And here's my 4-Speed. Like I said, he's not as good condition as Sugarberry but I hope I can fix some of his flaws. There's two weird red lines right above the symbol and I don't have yet any idea what that is. They look a little like colored pencil marks? There's also some black dots.

Close-up pic. His symbols though are in very good condition, only detrition is seen in this pic, another one is flawless.

There's that evil brown spot.

And next two poor ponies which I saved from a big outdoor flea-market. Dirt covered Pony Bride and Lemon Drop.

Somebody must have loved this pony very much! :D She was completely covered with surface stains, she looked more like grey than white. She also had nice new make-up around mouth and inside both ears. I was very surprised that her hairs were not cutted and those were actually in pretty good condition. Only one bigger knot on her mane.


And here's Lemon Drop. I have to say that Lemon Drop was one of my childhoods fave ponies. :D (I should find that childhood Lemon Drop of mine and see how's her conditon today..) This ponys only big and nasty flaw is that there's blue pen mark right over one of the drops. I don't know how I should try to remove it without damaging the symbol. She also has some tail-rust.

I also started the cleaning of these two ponies today. This was my first time ever cleaning MLPs, so just in case that something goes badly wrong I used these as my... "guinea pigs" :D

Here's Pony Bride after cleaning treatment. After I just have washed her with detergent (Fairy) the difference was clear. The hardest stains (like pencil marks etc.) I removed carefully with nail polish remover. The metal parts of the tail were perfect, no single sights of the rust. Her mane got conditioner treatment.

See the difference? :D

Pink marker is so stuck that it only whitened a little.

Lemon Drop also got cleaned. I removed old rusty metal parts of the tail and replaced them. I got the rust off of the hairs with whitening toothpaste.

Now there two girls are waiting for drying and tomorrow I'll put their tails and heads back on. And tomorrow I'll probably start cleaning of 4-speed and Sugarberry.
And maybe word of this collecting hobby, too. So, I'm mainly collecting G1-ponies and my goal is not to collect every single My Little Pony. I'm collecting those which I wound pretty and interesting, so I think that don't have any "goal" and I don't (yet) have any certain ponies on my mind which I want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment